KC West Minor Hockey Association (KCW) is a volunteer-run organization, and as such, it depends on the volunteer assistance of its members to function successfully. With assistance from KCW members, the volunteering hours contributed directly impact how successful the organization will become.
Volunteer Deposit Program:
- Each family is required to complete 10 volunteer credits to fulfill the volunteer commitment.
- Each family is required to provide one undated deposit cheque in the amount of $100 by August 31, 2022. Please make the undated cheque payable to KC West Hockey.
- Your volunteer cheque will be cashed if you do not complete 10 volunteer credits to meet your volunteer commitment by the end of the season.
- If you choose not to volunteer, please let the KCW registrar know and date your cheque for September 1, 2022.
- In the event that a family does not complete their volunteer commitments, the deposit fee will be processed.
- There are no exemptions to the volunteer requirements.
- There is no maximum number of credits that a family can contribute in a given year.
- There is no roll-over of volunteer credits from year to year.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the following Club Level positions: Executive Board Member, Head Coach, Assistant Coach, and Team Manager.
- Additional Club Level volunteer opportunities will be communicated to members as they become available.
- Team Level positions are coordinated directly with your Team once the season starts
Volunteer opportunities that count for 10 Volunteer Credits:
- Board Member
- Division Director
- Team Head Coach
- Team Manager
Volunteer opportunities that count for 5 Volunteer Credits:
- Team Assistant Coach
- Timbits Winter Jamboree & Timbits Fall Festival
- Minor Hockey week
- Silent Auction Event
- Special Events as communicated from the club
- Other Team Level positions (such as Time Keeper, Score Keeper, Team Treasurer, Team Fundraising Coordinator, Team Parent Liaison, Team Media Parent, and Jersey Parent)
If you have any questions regarding the volunteer program, please contact the Volunteer Director at email@example.com.